UPDATED: Community Climate Intervention Strategies (CCIS) Workshop, 28-30 October 2020, NCAR Mesa Laboratory in Boulder, CO, USA
Prior to the in-person meeting, themed online webinars are planned in the months leading up to the rescheduled workshop:
APRIL 15, 2020: 9-11AM (MDT) Introduction and Motivation of the CCIS Project
- CCIS Committee (presented by Simone Tilmes): Overview of the project, motivation and goals of webinars and the workshop
- Will Steffen (Australian National University): "Climate Change 2020: Why are we in an emergency?"
- Holly Buck (UCLA School of Law): "What a holistic approach to climate intervention is - and why we need it"
MAY 06, 2020: 9-11AM (MDT) IAMs, Mitigation, and Scenario development for combined intervention strategies
- Dale Rothman (University of Denver): "General History of Futures Thinking and Scenarios"
- Massimo Tavoni (Climate Change Economics at Politecnico di Milano): "Integrated modeling of SRM"
- Edward (Ted) Parson (University of California)
- Christopher Trisos (African Climate and Development Initiative)
Towards global-scale behavioural models of land use change, 26-29 May 2020, Webinar
Sessions will take place for two hours over four afternoons. The agenda can be found here. To register for the event, email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Land Use and Ecosystem Change Summer School,
Applications open until 30 April
AIMES Scientific Steering Committee Meeting, 14-15 November 2019, Manaus, Brazil
Workshop on Degradation of Tropical Forests: observations, modeling and socio-environmental implications, 11-13 November 2019, Manaus, Brazil
Workshop on Large-scale behavioral models of land use change, 8-10 September 2019, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Summer School on Land Use and Ecosystem Change 20-27 August 2019, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Joint AIMES/JAMSTEC workshop on ESM-IAM Collaboration on Future Scenarios: Opportunities and Perspectives, 31- May - 1 June 2019, Tokyo, Japan
AIMES SSC Meeting, 13-14 November, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
International Alliance for Open Modeling Standards, 29-30 June 2018, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Workshop on Extending the Climate-Carbon Cycle Feedback Framework, 25-27 April, University of Bern, Switzerland co-sponsored by WCRP, Oeschger Center for Climate Change Research and AIMES
Tipping Points on Pathways to Sustainability, 14-15th September, 2016, Stockholm